8th May 2018
Macerated Strawberry & Pimms Eton Mess
'Summer for me is eating al fresco, whether it's a barbecue or simple picnic. Its all about being outdoors.'
-Craig Middleton, Imperial Head Chef
Craig's Macerated Strawberry & Pimms Eton Mess recipe is below, we hope you enjoy making it at home this summer.
2 punnets of English strawberries
1 pint double cream
1 sprig of fresh mint
1 shot Pimms No1
2 egg whites
200g caster sugar
1. Slice one punnet of strawberries into a bowl and add the juice of the lemon and the orange, add the Pimms and half the sugar.
2. Whisk together the egg whites and the last of the sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Bake on low heat for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the cream until firm.
5. Add the strawberry mix and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Finish with the remaining strawberries, broken meringue and torn mint.
7. Enjoy with a long cold glass of Pimms.