15th December 2018
Seasonal Menu Highlights
"Winter for me is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth." Head Chef – Shaun Brayley
Enjoy our winter menu tastefully compiled by our Head Chef, found in the Arlington Restaurant during winter 2019.
Godminster Cheddar Cheese Tart
Salted Walnuts, pickled celery
Pan Fried Devon Beef Fillet
Smoked pomme puree, Whisky peppercorn cream
Ginger vanilla Creme Brulee
If you would like to make a reservation or find out more please call our friendly reception team on 01271 345861.
Ginger Vanilla Creme Brulee with Mango Salsa
Love the sound of this dessert?
From the kitchen, Head Chef Shaun Brayley cooks up this Seasonal dish for you to try at home. Serves 2.
500ml heavy cream
1 Vanilla Pod
2 tbsp finely peeled and chopped fresh ginger
6 egg yolks
A half cup of sugar
Caster sugar for dressing
FOR THE MANGO SALSA
425g fresh mango
Half ball of stem ginger finely chopped
1 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- 1 Pour Cream into a small pan.
- Place the egg yolks, first measure of sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Using a whisk, pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture. Add just a little at first so the mixture doesn’t curdle and whisk gently for 10 seconds. Pour the remainder of the cream in carefully as you continually whisk, pour mixture through a sieve and into a jug to remove the ginger and vanilla pods.
- Put 4 bowls into steamer then pour custard into bowls, scoop off any surface foam and cling film.
- Steam for twenty minutes.
- Once cooled, put in the fridge and chill for four hours (preferably overnight).
Dice mango in a bowl with finely chopped stem ginger, add stem ginger syrup and combine together.
- Sprinkle each custard evenly with 1 -2 teaspoons of caster sugar and spread it evenly with the back of a teaspoon.
- Using a blowtorch, one blow at a time, work from the outside to the inside using small circular motions, 1-2 inches from the surface. Let it rest for a minute. Don’t be shy about letting the sugar burn in places as this is how it’s meant to be.
- Let the caramelised sugar cool and harden to a firm crisp layer (at least 5 minutes). Finally then serve with mango salsa.