The Imperial Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to The Imperial Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The Imperial Hotel is situated in Barnstaple, a predominantly level town, with a pleasant river frontage.
- The hotel has level access and a lift to all floors.
Directions to the hotel
- From the M5, take Junction 27 to the A361 and Barnstaple.
- Upon reaching Barnstaple, follow the signs to the town centre.
- You will go past Homebase, Tesco's and McDonalds.
- At Taw Ford Garage roundabout go straight ahead.
- Continue straight on at the mini roundabout and this road will take you to the Imperial.
- If travelling by rail, Barnstaple Railway Station is a ten minute walk to the hotel.
- By coach, Barnstaple Bus Station is a five minute walk away.
- Our postcode is EX32 8NB.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made online or by phone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from the Barnstaple railway station (5 minutes drive) or the bus station (5 minutes drive), we use a reliable company and would be able to book them on your behalf.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our web site or we would be pleased to forward then to you by post or by email.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is a drop off point at the main entrance to the front of the hotel.
- There is a designated disabled parking space in the car park at the front of the hotel. There is also plenty of general car parking, some to the front and some in an overflow at the rear of the hotel.
- Entrance to the front of the hotel is via a ramp.
- Our porter is always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter can also help upon departure.
Our Reception area
- The floor is carpeted.
- Our Reception area is all on one level.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Restaurant and "Colours Bar" are on one level and easily accessible from the main entrance.
- There are two lounges. The "Terrace" lounge can be accessed from the reception area via two steps or on the level off the Tower Suite corridor; the second, the "Tower Suite", has level access at the end of a corridor off Reception.
- Any doors in these areas are on auto closures.
- The disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor close to the main reception and is easily accessible from the lounge and restaurant.
- Ladies and gents toilets are adjacent to the disabled toilet.
The Arlington Restaurant
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of full buffet and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- The 55 bedrooms in the main hotel are over three floors.
- The remaining eight rooms are situated in River Court which is accessed by a ramp or step off the front car park. Four are on ground floor level and four on first floor.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms but many are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There is a lift, with Braille, to all floors but access to some rooms will still mean the use of one or more steps. Where there are steps to rooms these are fitted with hand rails.
- There is a Superior Twin / Double room with a very spacious bathroom, on the first floor and a single bedded room on the second floor with a walk in shower, although the access to this room has steps.
- There are telephones in all rooms.
- 24 hour room service is available.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- Bath Seat
- Raised toilet seat
- High chair
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01271 345861
Fax: 01271 324448
The Imperial Hotel
Taw Vale Parade