14-16th June 2019
North Devon's association with the Second World War is typically considered in terms of evacuees and refugees. What is often forgotten - and so surprises people - is that it in fact harboured one of the most unique and important training camps. We are proud to sponsor the D-Day celebrations.
Enjoy a fun packed weekend with this 2-night break which starts from just £84.50 per person per night and includes;
- A luxury Standard Room
- Breakfast each morning, also in the Arlington
- Free parking and free WiFi
- Use of the free leisure facilities at our sister hotel, The Barnstaple
- A day trip on Saturday 15th June to visit Saunton Sands for celebrations
Day trip to D-Day celebrations on Saturday 15th June includes;
- 9.30/45 am - Coach travel to Saunton Sands beach (which was part of the unique but important training camp from World War 2)
- 11 am - Planes will be landing
- 11.30 am - Vintage vehicle parade
- 1 pm - Aircrafts will depart
- 1.45 pm - Afternoon tea at Saunton Sands Hotel with a talk from Anthony Tucker-Jones
- 3 pm - Major battle display - involving the storming of Little Normandy defences by 100+ re-enactors. This will be one of the biggest battle displays ever seen in the Southwest!
- 4 pm - Return to the hotel via coach
Bonus: Why not add a delicious 3-course dinner for just £25 per person (must be booked before check-in, normlly £35.00)
Terms and conditions
Price quoted is a per person, per night price based on two people sharing for 2 nights or more in a Standard Room. Single supplement applies. Coach travel, afternoon tea at Saunton Sands Hotel are included in price.