17th July 2019
From the Kitchen | Pork Fillet Wellington
'Autumn is the return of the root vegetable & more hearty comforting dishes' Head Chef, Shaun Brayley
- 500g Pork fillet/Tenderloin
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 50g black pudding
- 4 slices of Parma Ham
- 1 Comice Pear
- 1/4 bottle of Devon Apple Cider
- 1/2 pint of chicken stock
- 50g butter
- Hispi cabbage
- 1 egg yolk
- Prepare Pork by removing any sinew and rolling in Parma ham sheets, cling film tightly and refrigerate.
- Roll out pastry and crumble blak pudding on top then place Pork (without clingfilm) on top and roll tightly
- Bursh with egg yolk and refrigerate for 20 minutes (you can do this the night before)
- Place Pork in the oven for 180 degrees (fan) for 20 minutes and leave to relax
- Peel the pear, cut in half then roast in the oven in butter until soft
- Place chicken stock and cider in pan reduce by half until it coats the back of the spoon
- Sweat the finely sliced cabbage in the remaining butter until soft
- Slice Pork, place upon cabbage with the roast pear and drizzle with cider sauce.
- Enjoy a great alternative to the clasic 'Beef Wellington'