6th May 2019
Devon Crab Cakes, Asparagus and Pink Grapefruit Salad
'Summer for me is fresh ingredients not tampered with, simple flavours and freshness on a plate.' - Head Chef, Shaun Brayley
1 x egg
1 tablespoon of flour
1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
50 grams of Devon white crab meat
2 x Jacket potato
1 bunch of chives
3 x asparagus
1 x pink grapefruit
2 x lemons
2 x tablespoons of olive oil or grape seed oil
1 x tablespoon of mustard (wholegrain)
1 x bunch of watercress
- Bake potatoes until soft
- Mix crab meat, half the chives and the zest & juice of one lemon to the cooked poato
- Form into flat circles, about 4cm wide.
- Coat in flour then egg, then breadcrumbs and place in fridge to firm.
- Using a potato peeler, peel asparagus to make long strips, place into bowl with lemon juice.
- Peel and segment grapefruit and add segments to asparagus (save the juice)
- Make a dressing using mustard, lemon juice, grapefruit juice, olive oil and sea salt to taste.
- Combine dressing with asparagus and grapefruit with the watercress and chives.
- Shallow fry crab cakwes until golden and place upon salad.